The Queensland Government has announced that the Small Business Adaptation Grant program will be extended with another $100 Million to be made available to support Queensland businesses impacted by COVID-19.
Round 2 will open on 1 July 2020, but you’ll need to be quick! This is a first come, first served basis and applications in Round 1 (mid-May) were exhausted in just 72 hours.
If you, or a business owner you know, would like help with a new or improved website, digital marketing (email marketing, SEO, paid campaigns or social media) or graphic design and printing to help pivot or recover from COVID, get in touch with Brisbane Digital Co.
Here’s what you need to know about applying for the Adaption Grant…
My business applied in Round 1, can we submit an application again?
If your business applied for Round 1 of the Adaption Grant – you should receive an email in the next 2 weeks (by end of June) notifying whether you have been successful.
- If you are successful in Round 1, you cannot reapply in Round 2.
- If you are unsuccessful in Round 1, you are eligible to apply again in Round 2.
Either way keep us posted. Our team is on standby to provide quotes and tips for applying for Round 2.
What is different about Round 2?
The eligibility criteria remain the same (shown below).
However, this time, half of the $100M funding in Round 2 has been earmarked for regional businesses based outside of South East Queensland.
The Queensland Government has also given 2 weeks’ notice to get your application ready before Round 2 opens on July 1.
We cannot stress the importance of being prepared to lodge your application as soon as it opens. More than 11,000 businesses applied in just 3 days with no notice during Round 1 so funding will not last long.
Is my small business eligible?
According to the eligibility criteria for the Small Business Adaptation Grant, a business must:
- have been subject to closure or otherwise highly impacted by current shutdown restrictions announced by Queensland’s Chief Health Officer on 23 March 2020
- demonstrate that business revenue has been significantly impacted since 23 March 2020 over a minimum 1-month period due to the onset and management of COVID-19
- employ staff and have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant
- have a valid Australian Business Number (ABN) active as at 23 March 2020
- be registered for GST
- have a Queensland headquarters
- have an annual turnover over $75,000 for the last financial year
- have a payroll of less than $1.3 million
- not be insolvent or have owners/directors that are an undischarged bankrupt.
How can I use the funding?
This Adaption Grant has been designed to help Queensland small businesses pivot or evolve their business operations as a result of COVID-19.
If successful, you could receive between $2,000 – $10,000 in funding (one off, upfront payment) to fund new digital marketing campaigns, or implement digital technologies and systems to help rebuild your business and respond to online opportunities.
For the full list of how you can use this funding click here.
90% of the businesses we provided Round 1 quotes for intend to use grant funding to reignite their digital marketing efforts.
How do I apply?
- Contact Brisbane Digital Co for a quote – this must be included in your application
- Prepare your online application and supporting documentation
- Set your alarm for July 1 and apply as soon as it opens.
TIP: Your online application must outline how the funding will contribute to your small business COVID-19 recovery efforts.
To discuss how this grant and digital marketing can help reignite your business as we emerge on the other side of COVID-19, contact Brisbane Digital Co on 07 3889 2977 or enquire online here.
Brisbane Digital Co has helped other local business successfully apply for other Queensland Government grants to aid their online marketing efforts.
Click the link below if you’d like support.
Yes, I would like help applying for this grant (or call us on 07 3889 2977).