Safeguard your business online and secure the new .au domain extension. Simply fill in your details below.
Last year in August we wrote about the new .au direct domain name. As a local Brisbane business that manages domains on behalf of our clients, in this latest article we share 4 reasons you’ll want to act today to secure yours.
But first, here’s a quick a refresher on what the .au direct domain is.
What is a .au direct domain?
The new .au direct domain is a namespace coming to our internet browsers, which means domain names will be displayed without the .com in it.
A .au direct domain URL will look like this:
This namespace will complement your existing as well as other well-known domain names such as: com.au, gov.au, id.au, org.au and net.au.
It does not replace any of the existing domain extensions, it is a NEW additional namespace hasn’t been available in the past.
Did you know? The launch of the .au direct domain brings Australia into link with many other countries who already use their top-level domain including the United Kingdom (.uk), Canada (.ca), the USA (.us) and New Zealand (.nz).
What you need to know:
- Registrations open 24 March 2022.
- Priority allocation: If you own the .com.au or .org.au you get first option to secure the exact match .au direct domain.
Note: While you have until September 19, 2022 to request the .au direct domain, don’t leave it to the last minute or you’ll risk losing it to a competitor – or even worse – a scammer!
- Brisbane Digital Co and Brisbane Hosting & Website Design can register this on your behalf asap provided we look after your other domains (see instructions below).
Why do you need a .au domain for your business?
Here are 4 reasons you’ll want to act quick and snap up this new domain extension while your business has priority access to it.
- More memorable, easier to type and display on mobile. The shorter URL has many advantages!
- Being a shorter URL, we’re also anticipating it will quickly become the default or more popular URL to use on your marketing.
- Safeguard your business name online – secure your .au domain name before your competitors (or scammers) do! We are recommending that all clients secure the .au direct domain for their business to protect their brand. This is crucial if you have a highly sought-after domain or want to protect your business by owning all the relevant domains.
- Eligibility Rules Prove You’re Australian. Businesses, associations, and individuals with an Australian presence are eligible for the .au direct name. This helps minimise confusion with your prospective clients and customers as they can be confident they’re dealing with an Australian business. The .au is for general use and doesn’t serve a specific sector or purpose.
How to register the .au direct domain
Fill in the form below and we will register the domain name on your behalf.